Turn back the time!
Turn back the time!
At A&A Aesthetic clinic, we use new technology, Super Skin Rejuvenation (SSR) using light pulses to treat conditions like acne, wrinkles, pigmentation and vascular lesions.
It can also be used wherever the skin shows signs of premature ageing. Areas most susceptible tend to be the face, neck, hands and chest (décolletage).
None to Mild Discomfort
Usually not required
6 months – 1 years
Redness, Discomfort, Burning and Swelling
The device delivers precisely controlled strong pulses of light at specific wavelengths. This light energy targets, and is absorbed by, the pigment melanin (targeting freckles, sun-spots, age-spots and uneven pigmentation) and haemoglobin (targeting broken capillaries, thread veins and redness). The SSR technology is designed to selectively treat only these pigments so the surrounding skin remains unharmed.
The device delivers little or no trauma to surrounding tissue, offering pain free and safer treatments maximising client suitability. It works by gentle and incremental heating process, more efficient and pain free than the conventional IPL/laser devices.
SHR is recommended for all skin types and all year round due to its unique heat delivering system, however possible side effects could include:
• Excessive discomfort
• Redness/heat in the treated area (usually resolves within a few hours to days)
• Burns or crusting of the treated area (usually resolves within 2 weeks)
• Swelling of the treated area
Other side effects include darkening of pigmented areas (this is normal on treated lesions and will disappear along with the lesion after a week or so), itching of the treated area, infection at the treated area, an outbreak of cold sores in susceptible people and failure of the treatment. Very rarely, there may be hypopigmentation (pigment loss), hyperpigmentation (increased pigment), blistering or scarring.
We have invested in a state of the art SSR device so you should expect to return to your normal activities immediately afterward, however, the skin may appear quite red for a few hours to days. Following treatment, an ice-pack can be applied to the skin if it feels warm or red or the Practitioner can recommend skin-care products for this purpose. Sun cream must be applied to protect the treated area and sun exposure should be avoided for 4 weeks. The skin may appear to be a little blotchy or there may be patches of darker pigmentation for a number of days following treatment as the epidermis renews and sheds the treated problem areas.
Treatment time varies according to the size of the area being treated; a full face may take 45 minutes, the hands probably just 15 minutes. You may notice some improvement after the first session, but for the best results we recommend a course of treatments, 4 weeks apart and you may find a session of Medical Microdermabrasion or a Skin Peel beforehand enhances the results even more.
After the treatment it is vital that you follow these following guidelines:
• Avoid sun exposure/sun beds/fake tans and ALWAYS wear sun-cream when outdoors (UVA/UVB protection of SPF30 or above) for at least a month.
• Avoid perfumed products and do not apply make-up to the treated area for 24hrs.
• Do not pick or scratch at the treated area, especially if there is a reaction as this may result in scarring or infection – these will settle if left alone.
• Avoid moderate-heavy exercise and alcohol for 24 hours following treatment (this can exacerbate any skin discomfort/damage).
• Avoid exfoliating or peels for at least 2 weeks and further IPL treatments for at least 1 month.
• Drink plenty of fluid/water during the 48hrs after treatment.
• Apply ice, recommended skin care products or Aloe Vera to the treated area if uncomfortable or red until it settles down.
• Contact the clinic immediately if you have any concerns.
|First consultation and Patch test||Free|
|Photo Rejuvenation||From £40|